Thursday, April 19, 2007

Wowza...

So, can you tell I went back to school this week? I've been busy, but here are some thoughts.

-I stand by my prediction that Josh Beckett will have a career year. The kid has been amazing this year.

-Way to back up Wakey, guys. Finally, Timmay gets the run support he needs. The knuckleball was lookin good last night.

-Dougie Fresh with two homers in his last two starts! Dougie's going deep tonight!!!!

-Wily Mo Pena crushed the ball in Toronto the other night. I know because I was there. It was a pretty good game, other than the rough inning that Matsuzaka pitched. Okajima was fierce. I don't think the three walks in the fourth (fifth?) would have been such a big deal if we could have hit the ball. I mean, Youk didn't even touch a base, and you know that never happens. It was mad cool to see Dice-K pitch, though. He wasn't locating very well. It will be interesting to see what the Yankees do with his stuff this weekend.

-Jon Lester continues to improve. That kid is a hero, and I don't care what anyone says about it.

-Coco is back in the leadoff spot. I'd like to see them give him a shot there. He certainly did better there today. I know, only one game...but still.

-Pap goes 4 for 4 in save opportunities. I'd give that kid half my liver if he needed it.

-On the topic of the Toronto Blue Jays, how awesome is Rios? It's fun to watch those guys...it's like they know they don't have a chance in the East, so they just have some fun. I'm hoping to get a chance to see Halladay someime this season.

And on to our big weekend, the first series of the year against the Evil Empire. They've got three pitchers on the DL, but I'm looking forward to the matchup of Schilling-Pettitte tomorrow. It is undeniable that A-Rod is hot, hopefully we can put out the flame. (I am resisting the obvious joke here.) It's always interesting to see these two teams match up early in the season. There's no Boston Massacre this year. I'm calling it at 2-1 sox for the series. Let's go sox!

And while we're giving NYC a big fresh can of whoop-ass, lets share some with the Islanders. DiPietro or no, let's go SABRES!

No comments: