Sunday, April 8, 2007

easter guilt...

One of the perks of my Catholic childhood is the awesome guilt thing. I have to tell you, I feel like Tavarez might have had a better outing if I hadn't doubted him. And if that wasn't bad enough, the baseball gods further abused me...and don't think I didn't get the phone calls and text messages to remind me of it.

I was lucky enough (?) to be in attendance at the Mr./Ms. Buffalo show last night, frantically texting friends to see how the game was going. I feel no guilt in doing so (funny how guilt works) as the contestant I was supporting is a sox fan. (and the one who coined the name "Leather Face" for Hideki Matsui. It's funny cause it's true.) I know it's early in the season, so I don't let the errors etc bother me. It was a balmy 38 degrees in Texas last night...it can't be easy to play in that weather. I just have such high hopes for this season...let's hope I am rewarded.

And let the rewards come tonight. At 8:05 pm, Curt Schilling (a blogger himself) takes the ball against Vicente Padilla of the Texas rangers, who seems to be one of the few pitchers who had a worse first outing that Schill himself. Hopefully Schill gets his seeing eye dog or his GPS or whatever he needs to find the plate between now and 8:05. And if you're bored, you should check out Kevin Millar's post on Curt's blog. He's a funny guy, that Millar. I mean, he was hilarious that one time on Queer Eye For the Hairy Guy.

Go Sox.

No comments: