Monday, April 9, 2007

They're Baaaaaack!

What. A. Game. Seriously, this is the problem with being a Red Sox fan. The highs are phenomenal, the lows are depressing...but I just can't let go. Last night's game against the Rangers was one of those pitching duels you just love to watch. Papi hit two homers...you just don't tell Papi he's starting off slow. And how much do you love that commercial for the Boys and Girls Club..."I gues that's why they call me Big Papi". I think he reminded us all of that last night. And Schill looked good. Commanding pitches, 7 strong innings. And what do you say about Jonathan Papelbon. (Notice how I just skipped the rest of the bullpen? Pinero and I are no longer friends.) (Until the next game) Papelbon, 5 outs! And against Texeira and Young, no less! It's not like he struck out a couple of rookies or the old guys...he fired that last pitch past Michael Young so fast, I literally thought his head would spin or his eyes would pop out like in the old cartoons.. That kid is freaking amazing.

No comments: