Friday, April 6, 2007

Happy 2007 Baseball!

So, I've created this blog for a couple of reason. First, because I can't stop talking about the Boston Red Sox. Second, because most of my friends could give a crap about baseball. Third, because the ones who do are Yankees fans, and I am sick of having the exact same argument. You know, the one where I bring up the 2004 ALCS and they say "What's in the past is in the past" and then, being Yankees fans, and having rather small brains, they forget having made that comment, and start talking about the 26 rings they have. you know, the ones they got in the past. The past that didn't matter when we're talking about the Red Sox winning. The past that didn't matter when we're talking about the sox coming back from being down 3 games in a series of seven, and winning that very same series. I'm done having that conversation. I find it much easier to just ignore Yankees fans. You can find me on the Daughters of Kevin Youkilis website too. I'm a Buffalo Girl who flips back and forth between baseball and hockey this time of year (did someone say Stanley Cup?) and who can't get enough of those Red Sox! So bring on 2007...the year which brings us Matsuzaka, Kapler as a manager, the return of Jon Lester (how amazing is that kid, seriously!?!), Beckett's rebound year, no more Trot (I miss your dirty hat already), JD Drew wearing #7, Coco's rebound year, another new shortstop, another Manny hairdo, the list goes on and on. All I can say is...GO SOX!

No comments: