Monday, May 21, 2007

Sox-Yanks, series number three.

Wel, coming in to tonight's game, I see that the pitching matchups are not necessarily in our favor. And I could give a crap. Worst case scenario, we are ONLY seven and a half games ahead in the AL east. Best case scenario, 13.5. I'll be happy to split the difference.

And the game is 4-0 yankees in the bottom of the third. Across the room, my phone beeps. No doubt a text message from one of the many yankees fan who haven't been returning my calls in the past few weeks. I'll quote Ice Cube, and leave it at this "Life(Baseball?) ain't a track meet, it's a marathon." I'll talk to you bastards in July. If you had even half a bullpen, I'd be worried. Stupid Yankees fans.

Joshy Beckett hits the DL with an "avulsion"...how much did the team pay the doc to find a synonym for blister?

Youk continues to hit like a monster. Love him.

Mikey Lowell, captain gray beard himself. Not only is he a defensive machine, but hitting like a beast as well. Seriously my Red Sox MVP. a quiet force at 3rd base. I just love the hell outta this guy.

I thought Coco had found his swing. Maybe not so much.

Old leatherface looks lost out in left field. Classy guy, but I have to hate him because of the pinstripes.

Manny leads the team in strikeouts. Hustling in the outfield to make up for it. So easy to forget that manny being manny maybe i'll just pop into the green monster, make some daisy chains in the outfield while i'm at it can actually play some defense once in a while.

Big Papi "I like you, Tim Wakefield. Your crazy dancing knuckleball makes me smile. For you, I bat one in."
I seriously love this guy. Big smile, big swing, big runs, I guess that's why they call me big papi. You gotta love his japanese handshake...look for it when Dice-K or Okajima pitch.

Oh man...4-1. I know it's only one game, but I want so badly to see the Yankees lose hard. Good thing it's only the 6th inning.

No comments: